Wednesday, January 12, 2011

sifting through stuff


Sometimes I wish I had a crystal ball so that I could see into the future. Maybe if I could I would know how I am SUPPOSED to handle what I am feeling right now. I feel like I am wading through a sea of glass, sifting through the litter of my own analytical thoughts as I try to find out what I am suppose to do. I am sure about some things. I know that the Gospel is true, and I know I can find answers through prayer. I know I am where I'm supposed to be- at school, in church, working, writing- And I'm there.

But its hard to feel peace when my heart is left fluttering up above me, attached to a flimsy kite string as I try haphazardly to pull it through a lighting storm.

I can't see anything from where I stand as I look up at the clouds that have swallowed my heart-kite, but I finally think I am brave enough to let go and give someone else the string to my kite... the key to my heart. Almost anyways.

Almost.

Until I have surrendered to the storm I hold fast.

I will keep my kite safe for you.

much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment