Wednesday, December 23, 2009

not heartbreak...just heart weary


"whats wrong" someone asks
I don't know what to say
Except something in me is fading
Slowly melting away...
"Is it heartbreak?" another question
I don't think it is
Its just my heart is sick
And tired, and so worn thin

Can hearts wear out I wonder
I need to keep it strong
I know its not forever
But it feels forever long

My heart is wearing out
The beats are softening
I'm grasping what I can
And trying to feed it hope

But something in me whispers
Lies.
The tales you tell your heart
The one's that make you smile
Lies.
Aren't they? Because if they were true

You wouldn't be feeling this way
so weary and not like you
You wouldn't wake up with nightmares
You wouldn't have weeping words

Or maybe its just another chapter
That will pass to something new and better

No comments:

Post a Comment